Handbell Musicians of America’s National Seminar offers a wealth of musical experiences, whether you’re a ringer, a director, or a composer. It provides a unique opportunity to meet fellow handbell musicians and develop life-long friendships with those that share your enthusiasm and passion for our art. This year’s seminar will be July 13-17 in Glendale, AZ, and is also available in a virtual format for those who cannot attend in person. Area 9 is offering two different scholarship opportunities for HMA members in our area to be part of this event, either in person or by attending the virtual event.
Scholarships available are:
The Kristopher Jon Anthony Memorial Scholarship: This $500 scholarship assists in-person attendees with their registration fee, with any remaining funds allowed for other event expenses.
The HMA Area 9 Virtual National Seminar Scholarship: This $195 scholarship will pay the virtual event registration fee, which includes live stream access to all concerts, up to 24 virtual classes, and downloadable class notes.
For more information and to apply, please review the application material at https://area9.handbellmusicians.org/scholarships/.
- Handbell Musicians of America member in good standing (ringer or director)
- Resident of HMA Area 9 (Oklahoma or Texas)
- Consideration given to applicants who would be a first-time attendee of National Seminar
- Consideration may be given to applicants who have attended an Area 9 Summit or other event.
- Recipient must be willing to write a summary of their experience at the National Seminar for future publication
- For in-person attendees, at least 500 words + photos
- For virtual attendees, at least 300 words
For more information about National Seminar or its companion events Conducting Master Class, Composing Master Class, and Distinctly Teen), visit the seminar web site at https://seminar.handbellmusicians.org/